Thursday, November 19, 2009

Literary Agencies: Great Information!

Students who are looking to break into the publishing industry tend to pigeon-hole themselves into the editorial job functions. But there is a wealth of information to be gleaned from literary agencies and writers groups, too! I've lately gotten into the habit of reading a particularly information-laden blog, written by a literary agent in New Jersey. Not only is the blog a wealth of knowledge about what works in publishing, what is acceptable as far as etiquette goes and how to critique mss, it is also, at times, entertaining! For those who want to check it out, don't forget to read the archived posts. I find that reading the responses to the agent's posts is also very informative. I've really gotten into the minds of writers, which I expect will be valuable when it's my turn to write rejection and critique letters. Here's the URL: http://bookendslitagency.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment