Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome fellow job-seekers and students! And, of course, welcome publishing industry professionals willing to impart advice and guidance. I hope this blog provides some information, good reading material and, if nothing else, a sounding board for questions about the publishing industry and its many career paths. Interning in publishing is often slave-labor, but if you put enough into it, it can become infinitely more valuable. My first publishing internship was at Simon and Schuster's Touchstone/Fireside imprint and although I made more copies than I'm willing to think about, I took away industry jargon, ideologies and experiences no book or career guide could hope to afford me. I never delivered a single cup of Starbucks, even though I would have fallen all over myself at the chance. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment